April 4th, 2023
2024 pets of Edmonton Strathcona calendar contest
Submit your pet's photo for a chance to be included in the 2024 calendar
If you enjoy the Pet Calendar and would like to see your furry (feathery etc.) friend included in the 2024 edition, submit your photo.
Once again, we will have an elite panel of experts from a local grade school judge the submissions.
Submit your photo(s) by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Put CALENDAR PHOTO in the subject line.
Include the following information in your email:
- Your name
- Your pet's name
- Your address, including postal code
- A brief (40 words or fewer) description of your pet
Deadline to submit is August 31, 2023
Important guidelines for submitting photos
Each year, a number of photos are disqualified from consideration because the image size is too small, the pet is not the focal point of the photo, or the images include humans. Following are some hints for choosing and submitting a winning photo:
- Photos must be high resolution - at least 1MB.
- Do not send directly from your phone. Image files are compressed by phones when they are emailed.
- Upload your photo(s) to a computer or tablet before sending.
- Attach the original high resolution image to the email (send as an attachment).
- Pick a photo that will work with the shape of the calendar. Landscape is the best option.
- Pick a photo where your pet is the focal point of the image.
- Pets (and their humans) must live in Edmonton Strathcona.
- All pets are eligible.
- Photos must be in jpg or tiff format.
- Photos can include multiple pets (include info for all the pets in the photo).
- Photos cannot include humans.
- Only 1 photo per pet and no more than 3 photos per household may be submitted.
- Photos must be colour and at least 1MB in size.
- Deadline to submit is August 31, 2023